For most people, eating ice cream is a treat, something they do whenever they want or they need it. Be it for a sunny and hot day when they want to cool down, or even for a cold evening when they are craving for something sweet. But for some people who are lactose intolerant, they cannot enjoy ice cream as much as other people, simply put, they can’t even intake ice cream without having trouble. But if you are lactose intolerant, you can have the option of eating soy ice cream. And if you have a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, you can make your own Soy Ice Cream at home. It is all natural, made by you, but still tastes like the ice cream you buy at the store. Here are a few steps on how to make your own Soy Ice Cream.
1. Preparation – A day or so before you plan to make your soy ice cream, you should pre-freeze the bowl of your Cuisinart Ice Cream maker. This is an important step since this will ensure that your soy ice cream will solidify properly. Then, choose your own recipe. Many recipes for soy ice cream use soy yogurt or silken tofu but never both at the same time. You should choose the ingredient you know how to use or experiment with either so you can get the texture you desire for your ice cream.
2. Combining the ingredients – Get 2 cups of soy milk and 8 ounces of soy yogurt or a standard size box of silken tofu (whichever your recipe lists down). You should mix these ingredients until you see they are of a smooth texture. Then, add about 1/3 cup of maple syrup into your soy mixture; a possible substitute would be brown rice syrup.
3. Additional Ingredients – If in case you plan to add some fresh fruit, you should cut or mash the fruits. You could use a food processor to make the fruit blend better to the mixture, this will ensure a smoother ice cream.
4. Using the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker – Before adding your soy mixture, you should turn on your Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. Then, pour the soy mixture into the ice cream maker and securely close the lid. You should then set the timer and texture to your desired settings. Once the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker makes the signal to tell you the ice cream is done, you can check on the ice cream.
5. Finishing touches – If you think the ice cream mix is too soft, you can place it in the freezer for a few hours.